★ 开头 ★
* The arguer may be right about …, but heseems to neglect (fail) to mention (take into account) that fact that…
* As opposed to (Contrary to) widely(commonly/generally) held (accepted) belief (ideas/views), I believe (arguethat…
* Although many people believe that …, Idoubt (wonder) whether the argument bears much analysis (close examination).
* The advantages of B outweigh any benefitwe gained from (carry more weight than those of / are much greater than) A.
★ 正文 ★
* Although the popular belief is that…, acurrent (new / recent) study (survey / poll / investigation) indicates (shows /demonstrates) that…
* Common sense tells us that… The increase(change / failure / success) in… mainly (largely / partly) results from (arisesfrom / is because of)…
* In 1999, it increased (rose / jumped /shot up) from 5 to 10 percent of the total (to 15 percent / by 15 percent).
* By comparison with 1998, it decreased(dropped / fell) from 10 to 5 percent (to 15 percent / by 15 percent).
* It account for 15 percent of the total.
* There were 100 traffic accidents inApril, and increase of 5 percent in a five-month period.
邪恶的，有害的，致命的--sinister diabolic corrupt forbidding pernicious virulent
秘密的，偷偷的--cryptic furtive covert covered hidden hideaway shelter veileds
避难所--asylum haven home institution refuge shelter harbor
颂词，表扬--laud eulogy ode hymn
反对，不赞成--demur deprecate dissent dissident
否认，拒绝，驳斥-- contradict dispute refute renounce naysay reject repudiate gainsay
活泼的--vivacious active animated brisk dynamic energetic exuberant gay lively
恶作剧的，顽皮的--prankish naughty impish elfish devilish mischievous puckish
笨拙的，麻烦的--cumbersome bulky burdensome clumsy troublesome unmanageablebothersome gauche antic awkward ham-handed
1、Original: Bill Gates gives a definite answer that college education does count.
Revised: Bill Gates gave a definitive answer: college education does count.
2、Original: They can foster their interests in some fields to make life more colorful and meaningful.
Revised: They can even pick up hobbies to make life more colorful and enjoyable.
Foster their interests是“培养兴趣”，此处用pick uphobbies(开始各种各样的兴趣)更为合适;不同的兴趣是我们生活的调味剂，使我们的生活多姿多彩，乐趣无穷，把meaningful换成enjoyable，与colorful搭配更合适。
3、Original: Another important factor that contributes to the extension of life expectancy is the development of medical science.
Revised: Another imortant factor that contributes to the rise in life expectancy is the development of medical science.
“人的寿命的延长”可以表示为life extension，但是如果用life expectancy，则要用the increast of 或the rise in life expectancy。
4、Original: Such experience will difinitely be helpful in children's later life.
Revised: Such experience will benefit them later in life.